Happy 12th Kidneyversary 'MEric' my Donated Kidney


Happy Kidneyversary to 'MEric'my donor Kidney,

 As of 15th January 2010 you have been in my body keeping me alive for the last 12 years.


Your previous owner looked after you very well, apart from the odd cigarette and bottles of Pink Lady and Lambrusco, while hitting the disco back in the day. 

Like your previous owner you are one of the most stubborn, feisty and resilient living things I have been fortunate to come across. 

You 'MEric' have certainly taking a licking but you keep on ticking'. 

But for the selflessness and humility of your generous owner, there is a strong possibility I would not be here today. 



It's strange to think of all the wonderful experiences I would have missed out on, the grandchildren I would not have met, and the fantastic people across the world, who I would not have had the pleasure to meet. 

In addition just over 3 months time I get to walk my beautiful daughter Lauren, down the aisle.

 'MEric' you made that possible. 

So, have a great day ,12 years is a remarkable birthday I never expected to achieve when I was told... " You will need a kidney in a year or you'll need dialysis" 



To your previous owner, my wonderful wife Mandi, I say thank you for giving me your spare part, MEric is in a good home, and being well looked after.... Sort of. 

I will be forever grateful, but never be able to show it fully,and hope that MEric can give me another 12 years. 

I think a bag of pork scratchings and cups of tea for life was a fare exchange. 

Happy Kidneyversary! 

Comments

  1. Anthony Constantinou | Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX says To deal with scar tissues, after a kidney transplant surgery, most recipients are transitioned back to the care of three to six months. Counseling is recommended and does a variety of lifestyle changes like they might avoid certain foods that may interact with the post-transplant medications. Without a prescription, do not take any medicine or pills.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Stoma Story - A Great Start to 2021

Making a Difference on the Global Stage